It’s hard to imagine standing here now, but back in the Middle Ages this place was enclosed by a branch of the Scheldt. Let it be no surprise then that this now coffee house used to be a watermill. It was erected before the 13th century by the lord of Pamele. During the First World War, the mill was heavily damaged and rebuilt. The millwheels were removed around 1957.